14 October 2007

Aramsa - The Garden Spa

It's been almost a year since I last visited Aramsa - The Garden Spa. I remembered how I enjoyed the garden spa experience which is unique in the concrete jungle of Singapore.
Nestled among the lush greenery of Bishan Park, it is a tropical sanctuary for weary urbanites who wish a quick getaway from the hustle bustle of city living yet couldn't spare the luxury of travelling out of Singapore. As the setting is within a park, the atmosphere is relaxed with cool breeze, sashaying trees harmonised with chirps of singing birds.
This time, my spa treatment was courtesy of hubby's Caltex Thanks! points - a 90min Aramsa Spa package consisting of 30min Marine Polish Scrub and 60min Aramsa Touch Massage. I love reward cards :)

After checking in at the reception, I was led to the changing area which is specially designed to blend in with the overall nature theme. Took a quick shower, then proceeded to the Green Lounge for some refreshment and relaxation before the treatment. I love the Green Lounge concept with its tasteful furnishings, comfortable couches and free flow of ice water, hot herbal tea and cookies.

Soon I was greeted by my spa therapist and led to the spa treatment room with outdoor shower and sunken bath. I was first given a foot bath, followed by the Marine Polish Scrub. After washing off the scrub, my massage began. The therapist was extremely professional and skillful and I must have dozed off to the comfortable kneads and soothing spa music. Before I knew it, the treatment has ended. Wish it could last longer!

After changing, I went back to the Green Lounge again for more herbal tea - a lovely concoction of lemongrass tea with brown rock sugar and delicious cookies. I must try brewing this tea at home.

Ran up hubby and he was already waiting for me at The Green Room Cafe which is just next to the Spa.

The Green Room Café is a concept cafe serving vegetarian and organic inspired menu. Since we were already there, might as well try something so I ordered herbal tea and apple strudel. The apply strudel turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Apples and raisins wrapped in a layer of popiah skin and baked (or was it fried?) to a crisp, accompanied with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. Rather unconventional way of making and presenting apple strudel but definitely tasted good with tangy apples, sweet raisins and tinge of cinnamon.

A rejuvenating afternoon with sweet ending. Just my kind of perfect weekend.

Aramsa ~ The Garden Spa
Bishan Park II
1382 Ang Mo Kio Ave 1
Singapore 569931
Tel: 6456 6556
http://www.aramsaspas.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment