08 June 2010

Grilled Mayonnaise Black Pepper Wings

Of all chicken parts, my favourite has got to be chicken wings! Besides cooking chicken wings in tomato, or soy sauce, I'm constantly looking for more new and interesting recipes.

This recipe is refered from My Kitchen Snippets. Was quite excited when I found this recipe as I love mayonnaise and reckon that the combination of mayonnaise and black pepper would be interesting.

Grilled Mayonnaise Black Pepper Wings


Ingredients:
  • 8 - 10 pcs chicken wings (I bought drumlet and wing separately i.e. 16 - 20 pcs of drumlets and wings)
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 4 cm fresh ginger
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tsp sweet soy sauce/kicap manis
  • 2 ½ tbsp of mayonnaise
  • salt to taste
Method:
  1. Clean and wash chicken wings and pat it dry.
  2. Put the rest of the ingredients into a blender and blend into a paste.
  3. Marinate the wings with the paste for at least 4 hours or overnight.
  4. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degree celsius. Line a sheet pan with some aluminum foil. Drizzle it with some olive oil. Spread wings over the base.
  5. Roast for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Turn the wings half way through the baking. Serve warm or at room temperature.

To my disappointment, the chicken wings turned out not the way I expected. Didn't really taste the mayo or black pepper, garlic taste a tad strong. Probably I added too much garlic? In addition, the wings were not as crispy as I hope them to be. Probably instead of placing them directly on aluminium foil, I should have place them directly on grill and use a tray to catch the dripping sauce and chicken oil/juice.
 
Oh well, probably I will tweak the recipe to better suit my prefernece next time. Nevertheless, a good attempt and I still polished all my favourite chicken wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment