19 January 2011

Banana Buttermilk Muffin

Hubby bought a bunch of bananas the other day, hung them at the clothes peg near the ceiling and totally forgot about it (I wonder why he hung them there?). Until I was hanging clothes and saw them. By then, most of the bananas were over-riped. We ate whatever we could, and the rest, I decided to use them for baking.

Since I have made Banana Muffin before, decided to try Banana Buttermilk Muffin, also from The Little Teochew's blog :)

Key ingredients were almost the same, except less sugar and addition of buttermilk. Steps were also very simple, basically mix dry ingredients together, wet ingredients together, then everything together, easy peasy, no mixer, no mess. Instead of mashing the bananas, I added them as chunks.

I love this version of banana muffin! The addition of buttermilk made the muffin more moist and tender. It really tasted like Jemput Jemput Pisang aka 'Kueh Bomb' albeit a more healthy one.

In future when I have over-riped bananas, this is the recipe to go for! Check out the recipe at The Little Teochew's blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment