Very quick and easy to prep just three ingredients needed, firm tofu (tau kwa), cucumber and sweet corn. As for seasoning, just sesame oil, sea salt and black pepper. Some days when I felt like eating light, I would eat it as a meal on its own. This could also be served as a warm side salad. Simple but fulfilling and best of all delicious; can taste the crunchy texture of the cucumber, juicy and sweetness from the corn, the warm and light texture of the firm tofu. Simple seasonings yet complimented the tastes of the ingredients well.
Tofu & Sweet Corn Salad 玉米豆腐沙拉
- 100g sweet corn kernels (I bought packet ones from Heinz), drained
- 1pc Jap cucumber, cut into cubes
- 2pc firm tofu (tau kwa)
- Sea salt, to taste (I use Maldon sea salt flakes)
- Black pepper, light sprinkle
- Sesame oil, dash
- Slice the firm tofu into 1/2 inch thick slices, dry thoroughly using kitchen towel.
- Heat a tablespoon of cooking oil on medium heat in a frying pan.
- Pan fry the firm tofu slices until slight golden brown on both sides. Let cool for 5 mins.
- Place the tofu into a mixing bowl, use your hands or fork to break the tofu into small pieces.
- Add the cubed cucumber, corn kernels and seasonings to taste. Toss well.
- Best served warm.